TOP TEN TIPS FOR GOOD PERSONAL STATEMENTS
We see many personal statement every day and the same mistakes are made on most of the documents we see.
So if you don’t want the CV Wizards to work their magic for you on your own personal statement, here is how to create a great document yourself.
TOP 5 DOs
- DO be HONEST! People who review these documents have a strong sense of credible, and even the smell of an untruth could see you headed for the rejection pile.
- DO let friends and family read it. Does it represent you as the person they know?
- DO take your time. Invest some time to draft the document properly.
- DO use formatting to attract attention to the most relevant parts. Use font size, weight etc to draw the eye of the reader.
- DO proofread it. Claiming you have great attention to detail and then sending a document with errors is a classic error. Check, then check it again.
We offer low-cost personal statement writing services starting at only £20. If you would like any help with writing yours, please contact us
TOP 5 DON’Ts
- DON’T be shy about being personal. Including personal details about why you want the job or the course is always well received.
- DON’T just repeat your CV. This document is more about your motivations and who you are, not what you have done.
- DON’T forget relevant hobbies. They provide colour and interest about who you are.
- DON’T try to be funny. It is very hard to write humorously. Find another way to make a good impression.
- DON’T repeat the job or course details. They already know their position, they want to see that you understand it..
Still need help crafting a great personal statement? Let CV Wizards do the hard work for you. Or need a CV? See our top tips